UJF-6042 A2 Format UV LED Flatbed Printer
Building on the success of the UJF-3042 series, the Mimaki UJF-6042 offers all the benefits of the smaller UJF-3042 in a larger A2 format version with even greater versatility and spectacular photo-quality print reproduction onto an almost limitless range of materials, objects and substrates. UJF-6042, with its larger print area opens up a whole new world of possibilities for the end-user in the higher volume production market, where even higher quality is demanded.
UJF-6042 Series delivers
- Outstanding print quality of up to 1800 x 1800 dpi
- A2 size flatbed for a wider range of media
- Direct printing on subtrates up to 150 mm thick
- Energy saving eco-friendly LED UV curing
- Multiple ink options, including white ink, clear varnish, and inkjet primer
- Special applications, e.g. 3D lenticular and unique textures on metal
|Print head||On-demand Piezo head|
|Printing resolutions||720 x 600 dpi, 720 x 900 dpi, 720 x 1,200 dpi, 1,440 x 1,200 dpi, 1,800 x 1,800 dpi|
|Ink type||LH-100 (C/M/Y/K/W/Cl)
|Ink circulation||White ink circulation by MCT (Mimaki Circulation Technology)|
|Inkjet primer||PR-100 (220 ml cartridge / 600 ml ink pack)|
|Max. print size||610 mm x 420 mm|
|Max. media size / weight||610 mm x 420 mm x 150 mm (W x D x H) / 7 kg|
|Media suction||Air suction by vacuum|
|Dimensions (WxDxH) / Weight||1,510 mm x 966 mm x 960 mm / 150 kg|
HIGHER IMAGE QUALITY THAN EVER BEFORE
Increased ink dot placement accuracy for better image quality
The UJF-6042 adopted a unique ball screw type head conveyance mechanism heretofore available only in high-end flatbed printers. This improves the accuracy of the ink drop placement, which in turn prevents bandings.
Variable drops function for smooth and beautiful gradation
Variable drops function provides 3 different drop sizes at once, with a minimum drop size of 4 picoliter. This produces smooth gradation patterns and brilliant transitions of many colour layers even in the 4-color mode.
USEFUL FUNCTIONS TO ENSURE PRINT QUALITY
- Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT)
Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT) is a newly developed white ink circulation system that prevents pigment sedimentation and reduces ink waste.
- Nozzle Recovery Function temporarily restores print quality, reducing potential downtime if maintenance issues should arise.
AUTOMATIC PRIMER APPLICATION FUNCTION
The UJF-6042 incorporates an automatic primer feature, simplifying pre-priming process, which is traditionally done manually by wiping or spraying. Mimaki’s inkjet primer cartridge is simply inserted into the corresponding ink slot of UJF-6042, enabling the primer to specifically target the print image area only.
*Always test your intended materials before using primer. When printing with primer and white / clear ink, production speed is reduced to some extent.
THREE TYPES OF UV CURABLE INK
Three types of UV ink are available to achieve the best print results on a wide range of applications. In addition, eight ink slots enable various ink configurations, such as 6 colors plus white and clear. Furthermore, by printing different layers of ink and/or gloss, your images will not only look more enticing but also will have a raised / embossed quality that will satisfy your customers.
SPECIAL FINISHES TO PROVIDE ADDED VALUE TO YOUR PRINTS
- 3D Lenticular achieved by high definition print
The UJF-6042 can discharge minimum 4 pl ink dots in 1,800 × 1,800 dpi, enabling lenticular printing by 3D lens of 100 lpi which has previously been difficult for existing digital printers to achieve.* lpi = line per inch
* For 3D lenticular printing, dedicated software for data creation and 3D lens are required separately.
- Unique textures on metals achieved through etching process
Etching is a surface treatment which utilises the corrosive action of metal, through chemicals. The area which should not be corroded is covered with a mask of UV ink. Then the substrate is immersed into the corrosion solution to be corroded. With such treatment, you can achieve high quality textures, and permanent engraving.
- Eco-cartridges, which can be repeatedly used by changing spent ink packs, contribute to waste reduction and less ink cost
- UV LEDs have longer life and consume less energy than conventional UV lamps
- Less transfer waste and no wasted inventory by printing on-demand, direct-to-substrate
- No noticeable odour and no excessive noise
RASTERLINK 6 ADVANCED RIP AS STANDARD
Sophisticated new software offers user friendly and intuitive operation with features such as colour replacement.