UJF-3042 Desktop Size UV LED Flatbed Printer
The UJF-3042 series providing a unique solution for short runs and on-demand printing. The printers offer unrivalled versatility and high quality print reproduction on an almost unbelievable range of materials, products and substrates. With its compact desktop format the UJF-3042 series offers unlimited possibilities to the end user.
UJF-3042 Series delivers
- Outstanding print quality and reliability
- Space-saving compact desktop design
- Direct printing on substrates up to 50 mm thick (FX model) and 150 mm (HG model)
- Simultaneous printing of colour and white
- White ink and clear varnish
- Automatic primer application function
- HG Model features additional two print channels for 6-colour printing plus white and clear inks
|Print head||On-demand Piezo head|
|Maximum print area||300 x 420 mm|
|Printing resolutions||720 x 600 dpi, 1440 x 1200 dpi|
|Ink type||LH-100 (C/M/Y/K/W/Cl)
|Ink capacity||220 ml cartridge / 600 ml ink pack|
|Media size||Width: up to 364 mm / Length: up to 463 mm|
|Media thickness||UJF-3042 FX: Up to 50 mm
UJF-342 HG: Up to 150 mm
|Media weight||Up to 5 kg|
|UV device||UV LED|
|Power consumption||Less than 0.5 kVA|
|Dimensions (w x d x h)||(FX model) 1200 mm x 1090 mm x 770 mm
(HG model) 1200 mm x 966 mm x 920 mm
|Weight||(FX model) 113 kg
(HG model) 130 kg
UV LED Curing Technology
The UJF-3042 series employs UV LED printing technology, which does not generate excessive heat, allowing the machine to print directly on virtually almost anything, including heat-sensitive materials.
Two models are available: UJF-3042FX, which can print on media up to 50 mm thick, and UJF-3042HG (up to 150 mm thick).
Three Types of UV Curable Ink
Three types of ink are available for Mimaki UJF-3042 series. LH-100 hard UV ink excels in scratch and chemical resistance as well as in colour reproduction; LF-200 flexible UV ink enables stretching of ink up to 200% during post-processing work; LF-140 offers strong gradation in 6-colour printing and is more flexible than LH-100 ink.
A. 4/6 colours only
Without white ink as a basis for overprinting, the colours are not as vivid as they should be.
B.4/6 colours + white
With the white ink overlay print, the images are bright and vivid.
Automatic Primer Application Function
Both printers incorporate an automatic primer feature, simplifying pre-priming process, which is traditionally done manually by wiping or spraying. Mimaki’s inkjet primer cartridge is simply inserted into the corresponding ink slot of UJF-3042, enabling the primer to specifically target the print image area only.
*Always test your intended materials before using primer. When printing with primer and white / clear ink, production speed is reduced to some extent.
Useful Functions to Ensure Print Quality
- Mimaki Spray Suppressor System prevents satellite ink drops, ensuring higher print reliability, consistency, and quality.
- Nozzle Recovery Function temporarily restores print quality, reducing potential downtime if maintenance issue should arise.
- Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT) is a newly developed white ink circulation system that prevents pigment sedimentation and reduces ink waste. Available on UJF-3042HG.
- UV LEDs have longer life and consume less energy than conventional UV lamps
- Less transfer waste and no wasted inventory by printing on-demand, direct-to-substrate
- No noticeable odour and no excessive noise